The Financial Reports Module allows you to combine the past and the future together. This way, you are able to display different scenarios and time frames and decide to include historical financial data or not.
Before you start, we recommend that you created multiple scenarios (budgets) and have actual data entered into both your BUDGET and your HISTORICAL DATA.
To know how to import historical data into Budgeto, read the following article from our Knowledge Base: How to import HISTORICAL DATA into Budgeto
To access the Financial reports module, start by clicking on the Report menu on the bottom of the Left-side menu, and then clicking on the sub-menu button "Financial Reports".
(This new section (Beta) is a preview of a new Report Model with new features to be added).
1- First step is to enter the data you want to compare:
- Report type: Select which report you wish to generate (Profit and loss, Cashflow, Balance sheet). (1)
- Budget: Select which budget you want to use (2)
- Starting: Enter the start date of the parameters used for the Budget and Report type. (3)
- Ending: Enter the end date of the parameters used for the Budget and Report type. (4)
- Historical: Select up to which time period you want to use historical data (None is also a valid option). When you select a month from this menu, Budgeto displays your historical data in the selected report (up to the selected month). Therefore, you have a hybrid report that contains your historical accounting data and your forecasted budget data (the cutoff between the past and the future being the month selected in the drop-down menu).(5)
- Detail level: Modify the layout of your report to match your preference. (6)
2- After entering the parameters you wish to use, click on the green button "Generate".
3- See your budget data below.
NOTE (Exporting graphs and data)
We are currently working on implementing a new way to export your data and graphs from the Financial Reports Module. Take a look at our Roadmap for more upcoming features. In the mean time, you can screenshot the graphs and export them as a JPEG. Learn more by reading this article from our Knowledge Base: How to Screen Shoot (SS) Budgeto's Dashboard - Graphs - Reports
Still need help? These resources are for you!
1- There is a search bar at the top right of the screen, use it often! Use words that you see on the section you are dealing with in order to search for related articles in our Knowledge Base.
2- If you haven't found an answer to your question, create a support ticket and our team will find an answer for you:
Click here to create a new ticket for help
3- If you have any other questions about Budgeto, write us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Budgeting and know that we are here for you if you need help!
The Budgeto Team
Related Articles (please refer to the links below)
- How to use the Analysis Module
- How to import HISTORICAL DATA into Budgeto
- How to ADD a blank budget
- How to SELECT a budget
- Budgeto Roadmap: Upcoming & Released Product Features
- How to Screen Shoot (SS) Budgeto's Dashboard - Graphs - Reports
- Budgeto Multimedia Gallery