The Analysis Module allows you to analyze and compare the variances between different entities/scenarios and time frames. You are now able to evaluate your worst-case and best-case scenarios or compare your initial budget to your actual results and analyze the variations.
This module will allow our users to document and provide explanations for important differences, to prepare management reports for their various partners, etc. Business owners must continually refer back to their budget as a way of measuring how they are handling their actual results vs. what was budgeted.
Before you start, we recommend that you created multiple scenarios (budgets) and have actual data entered into both your BUDGET and your HISTORICAL DATA.
To know how to import historical data into Budgeto, read the following article from our Knowledge Base: How to import HISTORICAL DATA into Budgeto
To access the Analysis module, start by clicking on the Analysis menu on the bottom of the Left-side menu.
1- First step is to enter the data you want to compare in the "Comparison parameters".
- 1- REPORT: Select which type of report you want for your analysis; Profit and Loss, Cash Flow, Balance Sheet.
- 2- DATA SET: Select which you want to use; Historical data, Budget 1, Budget 2, etc.
- 3- STARTING: Enter the start date of the parameters used for your chosen data set.
- 4- ENDING: Enter the end date of the parameters used for your chosen data set.
- 5- HISTORICAL: Select if you want to use historical data for your analysis. When you select a month from this menu, Budgeto displays your historical data in the selected report (up to the selected month). Therefore, you have a hybrid report that contains your historical accounting data and your forecasted budget data (the cutoff between the past and the future being the month selected in the drop-down menu).
- 6- TRASH: Click on the trash icon to remove that data set selected for analysis.
- 7- ADD A DATA SET: Add a new row of data set parameters to use in the analysis.
- 8- PRINT: Use the printing feature to produce a PDF copy of your Analysis report.
2- After entering the parameters you wish to use, click on the green button "Generate".
3- See your variances/data between entities below. Notice your variance (difference) between numbers (in this example, optimistic and pessimistic scenarios).
- 1- DETAIL LEVEL: Select the amount of detail you want your report to have:
- Overview: A summary.
- Standard: A basic budget with a standard amount of detail.
- Full: A complete report with as much detail as possible.
- 2- VARIANCE ($/%): Select the amount of variance (difference) between data sets. You have the options of using a dollar amount ($) and percentage amount (%).
- 3- EDIT: Return to the comparison parameters to modify the data sets you are using in your analysis.
- 4- COMMENT: Add comments or notes to the line that is highlighted (ex: explain the variance in historical and budgeted sales...).
4- PROTIP! When comparing more than one data set, you can click the report titles to specify the two data sets for which you want to observe the variance.
Enhanced Graphs, Exportation of Graphs, and Printing Feature
We have enhanced our export/print features for most sections of the Budgeto app! Users can access this printing feature by clicking on the Printer icon found on the top-right of the screen.
Still need help? These resources are for you!
1- There is a search bar at the top right of the screen, use it often! Use words that you see on the section you are dealing with in order to search for related articles in our Knowledge Base.
2- If you haven't found an answer to your question, create a support ticket and our team will find an answer for you:
Click here to create a new ticket for help
3- If you have any other questions about Budgeto, write us an email at: email@example.com
Happy Budgeting and know that we are here for you if you need help!
The Budgeto Team
Join the Conversation!
Follow us on our social media channels for Budgeto tips, how-to guides, company updates, and more!
Related Articles (please refer to the links below)
- How to import HISTORICAL DATA into Budgeto
- Budgeto Roadmap: Upcoming & Released Product Features
- How to Screen Shoot (SS) Budgeto's Dashboard - Graphs - Reports