BEFORE YOU START entering your debt into your past, make sure that your balance sheet is entered correctly in the form.
The amount appearing on the Total Assets line must be equal to the amount on the Total Liabilities and Equity line. If these amounts are different, you'll see the difference on the Validation line. The cell containing the difference will be in red. To ensure that your historical data is entered properly, your balance sheet must absolutely balance, otherwise the budget will contain errors.
How can I enter my historical data?
You can import HISTORICAL DATA into Budgeto three ways;
1- Syncing with QuickBooks Online (QBO),
How to link QuickBooks Online (QBO) to Budgeto?
2- Syncing with Xero,
How to LINK Xero to Budgeto?
3- Manually entering your company's historical information yourself.
How to enter your HISTORICAL DATA Manually
Here are the steps to enter and use a debt in your historical data:
- Click on the "Historical" menu on the left-side screen and then click on the sub-menu "Historical Balance Sheet";
- You must create a debt form by clicking on the blue hyperlink "Long-term debt";
- The total debt entered in the forms must be identical to the amount entered on the Long-term debt line in the balance sheet;
- You must click the gray box above the month of the last historical balance sheet;
- Remember to click on SAVE;
- To view your financial reports, you will also need to click the gray box for the same month in the Historical Profit and Loss and make sure your Retained Earnings in this report is the same as in the Historical Balance Sheet.
Click here to access your Historical Profit and Loss statement directly within the Budgeto app.
Need help? These resources are for you!
1- There is a search bar at the top right of the screen, use it often!
Use words that you see on the section you are dealing with in order to search for related articles in our Knowledge Base.
2- If you haven't found an answer to your question, create a support ticket and our team will find an answer for you:
Click here to create a new ticket for help
3- If you have any other questions about Budgeto, write us an email at: email@example.com
Happy Budgeting and know that we are here for you if you need help!
The Budgeto Team
Join the Conversation!
Follow us on our social media channels for Budgeto tips, how-to guides, company updates, and more!
Related Articles (please refer to the links below)
- About the HISTORICAL DATA menu
- Possible Errors in the HISTORICAL DATA menu
- How to LINK QuickBooks Online (QBO) to Budgeto?
- How to LINK Xero to Budgeto?
- How to edit your MAPING with QBO?
- How to edit your MAPPING with Xero?
- How to enter your HISTORICAL DATA Manually?
- How to fill the 4 forms in the Historical Balance Sheet?
- How to use the Manual Variations menu?