To change the mapping of your chart of accounts (COA), follow these three easy steps:
1- Click the Historical Dashboard menu under the Historical Data menu;
2- On the right side of your screen you will find various settings for your historical data. Your mapping settings can be found under Current Mapping From there you can change your mapping. When you’re done, click on the Save & Import button;
3- After saving your new mapping, a message will appear. You must resynchronize QuickBooks Online (QBO) with Budgeto to import your data so Budgeto can enter them in their newly edited accounts. Click on the import hyperlink.
How to map your Chart of Account (COA)
4- Once you’re done synchronizing QuickBooks Online (QBO) with Budgeto, you must map your QuickBooks’s chart of accounts (COA) with Budgeto. Follow theses easy steps:
- On the left side of your screen, you have your list of accounts from QuickBooks. You must associate each account with an account in Budgeto.
- To associate an account with Budgeto, select an account from the drop-down menu (you can write down what you’re looking for to filter the menu). Select an account to link the QuickBooks account with Budgeto. When you do so, your account will now be associated. It is now at the bottom of the page in the Associated accounts section.
- When associated, your QuickBooks account will appear in the right side of your screen (Budgeto View), so you can see where it will go in Budgeto.
- If you make a mistake you can always go to the Associated accounts on the right side of the screen and change the association;
- When you are done, click on Save & Import to import your data.
6- To be able to import financial data, you must complete the association of all accounts. If you don’t finish the association you can still save your work, but you will need to re-synchronize in the Synchronize and Import menu to complete the association of dissociated accounts.
7- Once you’re done mapping your accounts and clicked on save & import, you will see this screen:
IMPORTANT: if you don’t carefully associate your QuickBooks accounts with Budgeto, there could be errors in your Historical Balance Sheet. You will not be able to see your financial reports in the LEFT SIDE MENU if your historical balance sheet does not balance.